1. Must be Peaceful, Respectful and Fully Law Abiding (#1 Rule of NAGO) – Not to be confused with complying to tyrannical or overreaching law.
2. Supports and Participates in NAGO Calls to Action
PASS/FAIL. Hilgers was one of the original signing State Senators to the call for a special session addressing medical mandates. Hilgers has also stated support for many NAGOs efforts.
3. Supports Individual Freedoms
PASS. Hilgers is a proponent for individual freedoms.
4. Supports and Participates with Liberty Minded NE Grassroots Efforts – Team Player
PASS/FAIL. He has accepted information from other NE Grassroots Efforts with the intent of developing an informed position. NAGO awaits the follow the follow through.
5. Attends Local Meetings
PASS. Hilgers speaking engagement at Washington County Republican Party meeting was encouraging. His willingness to discuss election integrity, removal from office process, and the reality of the mandate agenda was enjoyable.
6. Presents a Sense of Patriotism
7. Outspoken/Well-spoken on Inalienable Rights
PASS. The few opportunities to hear Hilgers, he has been very well spoken and doesn’t shy away from hard questions.
8. Doesn’t Cater to False Narratives
PASS. At this point in time NAGO is unaware of Hilgers catering to False Narratives. Hilgers has discussed the true narrative behind the mandate agenda.
9. Acts/Serves/Talks/Promises in the Best Interest of Others – Type of Leader
10. Prior Involvement/Achievements in Liberty Minded Efforts or Government
PASS. Hilgers has been a very effective Speaker of the House. It’s encouraging to see his dedication to NE, his law firm, and ensuring his children are afforded the same opportunities we have known.
Summary of Candidate
Mike Hilgers has been a solid conservative State Senator. During interactions with Hilgers, he has presented a platform that supports and aligns with many of NAGO and other NE Grassroots efforts.
Pertinent Evidence & Observations
NAGO In-Person Interactions
***Updates may occur in the future.